Head Special Products
This role is responsible for monitoring the trade activities and premium income arising from the IATA travel agents on the DIP scheme and also from Travel Insurance earned from them. The over 500 IATA agents generate premium income on both the IATA DIP and also FASTNET.
Dimensions of the job
- Risk Management
- Detailed drilling into sales trends and patterns on various software
- Predictions and extrapolations
- Report generation as requested in line with premium payment for Special Products Portfolio Information gathering
Key Result and Job Output
- Mitigation of the risk of DIP and Travel Insurance Premiums not being remitted to IATA.
- Send detailed and precise notifications to all agents on outstanding premiums either on Travel Insurance or DIP.
Detailed Drilling into sales trends and patterns on various software
- Drill into various software such as BSPlink, TIESS and other GDS software if available to be able to find sales trends.
- Translate the 500 plus BSPlink codes into readable data that will predict trends and patterns that could be injurious to the company
Predictions and extrapolations
- Using the data available at hand must be able to predict trends that the specific IATA agent will exhibit based on payment or non-payment patterns
- Generate reports from BSPlink, TIESS platform and the various GDS software to be able to generate the various reports.
- Gather information spooled from the various reports and data gathered from the various software.
Educational qualifications & functional / technical skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human resources or related
- Conversance with the roles each industrial player has in the Nigerian Travel Industry.
- Advanced ability to adapt to existing software in order to function efficiently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Human Resources laws and regulations as well as Global best practices
- Must be competent in the use of MS Office, Excel, word and must be internet savvy with good e-mail and communication skills
- Spoken and written English must be good
Relevant experience (type of experience and minimum number of years
- Minimum of 10 years in the Travel Industry, with at least 5 years in a local or international airline that is linked to IATA via the BSPlink .
- Proven knowledge of the members of the Travel Trade
Attitude and behavioural traits
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Very good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to see the big picture and work accordingly