Hospital Cash Plan
The Leadway Hospital Cash Plan Insurance is designed to provide a daily financial benefit for hospitalization arising from accidental injury or illness.
As long as you are under 65 years of age, you are eligible for the Hospital Cash Plan Insurance. You may also choose to include your partner (under 65 years), your children and your parents (under 65 years), provided their main place of residence is with you.
Hospitalization due to Illness
In the event of hospitalization of the Insured Person due to an illness for a consecutive period of more than 2 days, a daily benefit is payable up to a maximum of 20 days during the policy period.
Hospitalization due to Accident
In the event of hospitalization arising out of an accidental injury for a consecutive period of more than 2 days, a daily benefit is payable up to a maximum of 15 days during the policy period.
There are three levels of cover to choose from, namely: Basic, Classic and Plus Covers, which will entitle you to the benefits shown below.
|Hospitalization due to illness||N4, 000 per day||N7, 500 per day||N10, 500 per day|
|Hospitalization due to Accident||N7, 000 per day||N12, 750 per day||N15, 750 per day|
Significant and Unusual Exclusions
Insurance is intended to protect you from the unexpected. For this reason, some situations are excluded. The following is a list of the most significant exclusions and limitations of this insurance.
- There is no cover for hospitalization within 30 days from the commencement of the policy
- There is no cover for any hospital stay which results from the insured person’s:
- Attempted suicide or deliberate self-inflicted injury
- Cosmetic surgery or any other treatment which a doctor does not confirm is medically necessary
- Dangerous or careless driving/riding-on of any vehicle or driving/riding-on any vehicle above the legal speed limit of the country in which the accident occurs
- Driving/riding-on any vehicle while their alcohol or drug level is higher than the legal limit of the country in which the accident occurs
- Misuse or consumption of drugs; participation in, practice or training for any sport as a professional sportsperson
- We will not pay any claim for hospitalization in a psychiatric ward, nursing, convalescent or residential care home, rehabilitation centre, or any establishment used primarily for the treatment of alcohol or drug addiction, or any similar wards/units within a hospital which provide any of these services.
How long does Hospital Cash Plan Insurance run for?
Your cover would start immediately and it will continue until your 65th birthday, as long as you pay the premium or either you or Leadway Assurance cancel it.
The premium can be paid on a short-term basis (Monthly or Quarterly), while cover will apply on the same basis. A summary of the premiums payable are shown below.
AGE OF INSURED BASIC CLASSIC PLUS 1 year to 20 years N5,210 per annum N9,710 per annum N13,260 per annum 21 years to 60 years N6,000 per annum N11,500 per annum N15,500 per annum 61 years to 65 years N7,000 per annum N13,500 per annum N18,000 per annum
Your Next Step
Select your level of cover – Basic, Classic or Plus and call: 01-2800700 to speak to any of our representatives who will attend to your requests. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or provide required details below and one of our agents will call you back.